We thrive to mantain a pragmatic approach to the world of industrial production, therefore our design work is aimed to design products in which the emphasis is placed equally on aesthetic and functional aspects.
We believe that the design philosophy governing both architecture and product design is substantially the same, and is therefore not dependent on the size and field of application of the project.
As in Richard Rogers’ famous slogan, we are convinced that the professional activity of a good architect should range from the spoon to the city
For this reason we have always actively worked towards a global planning of the home, office and community environments.
Our industrial design projects include:
- lighting and home accessories for Fontana Arte, Artemide, Gruppo Flos/Arteluce, Società Italiana di Disegno Industriale (selection for Compasso d’Oro Award), Cenedese & Albarelli, Accademia, Egilux, Nella Longari;
- office furniture and seating sytems for Sinetica, Poltrona Frau, Brunati (Gruppo Busnelli), Olivetti Syntesis, Scope and Images of America in the USA; restyling di desking systems, mobile partitioning e building accessories for ICF, Tecno, Unifor; study on developments in office furniture sector for Castelli;
- office supplies and accessories for Zeus-Noto, Caimi Brevetti, Cartel Sign;
- ° building products: Liuni (PVC floors), Lualdi (doors);
- glasses for Murai Optical, Japan. Our design has been exhibited at a variety of venues, including the Triennale di Milano, the Landesmuseum di Düsseldorf, London Design Museum, the Neocon in Chicago and the IDCNY Designers’ Week.
Our research activity includes participation in competitions, publications in the press, books, exhibition design and curatorships.
Giovanni Albera e Nicolas Monti are authors of Italian Modern. A Design Heritage (New York: Rizzoli International Publications), the first complete work on Italian Industial design published in the United States, and Diseno Italiano (Barcelona: Editorial Gili).